- Feb 23, 2018
In the last two decades we have witnessed a transition from early digital marketing tools (surveys, mass newsletters etc.), to more advanced online marketing techniques such as promotion through search engines, path analysis of website visitors with Google Analytics, newsletters to segmented list, responsive sites and mobile apps. These techniques are continually evolving as competition in the digital market intensifies. In this article, we present 8 new digital marketing trends that play an important role in the modern marketer’s life.
- Integrated communication campaigns – Marketing campaigns exploiting all channels and formats available online to reach potential customers. The budget allocated to online advertising in certain cases now exceeds the traditional marketing budget.
- Social Media transforms into live interactions and instant messaging – Live streaming and instant messaging are paving the way for the development of new personalised, mobile and interactive experiences with high conversion opportunities, especially for the Z Generation.
- Analysis of the online behaviour of buyers – Studying the decisions of users at the psychological level. E-commerce specialists in neuro-marketing and the detailed tracking of the paths followed by customers (mouse flow & path).
- Content creation to maximise strategic positioning as leader – Articles, posts, and websites that form or sustain online presence and are designed to give informal online leadership; the primary source of information for the target group.
- Business intelligence for active promotion – By connecting collected data through the site and through applications, as well as from CRM with platforms like Google AdWords, online advertising is designed to filter to related to areas, thus streamlining spending.
- Marketing automation based on sequences – Marketing campaigns are triggered based on events and target potential customers using the sales funnel, allowing messages to be sent at the optimal time.
- Marketing based on performance – Indicators of performance and ROI of marketing activities are tracked and reported using platforms like Google Analytics enabling promotion through affiliate networks or affiliate systems.
- Customized experiences, native advertising – Used to track individualised customer loyalty and enable personalisation to reduce the effects of adblock. The content adapts to the shape and the editorial environment function in which it appears.
We look forward to welcoming you at the London Marketing Academy for a complete specialisation in digital marketing. Our programme of upcoming courses can be found on the events page. For more information, please contact us.